Costantino Di Renzo, born in Chieti (Italy) in 1946. In 1974, he joined the hyperrealist movement, exhibiting his works at the Margutta Gallery in Pescara (1976) and the Il Modulo Gallery in Salerno (1977).
In 1978 he went to the United States to study the technique of hyperrealism and frequented the studios of the artists Richard Estes, Don Eddy and Chuk Close. He came into contact with the Borghi Gallery in New York, where in 1979 he exhibited a series of works entitled: “New York, sphinx of cement, alluminium and mirrors”.
Militant critics were interested in him: Duilio Morosini, Marcello Venturoli, Giuseppe Marchiori and others wrote about his painting. Since 1980 he has devoted himself to sculpture, exhibiting his works in 1982 at the Cesare Manzo Gallery in Pescara and the Centro Sei Gallery in Bari. The sculptures he makes are veiled figures made of fibreglass, figures that invade the exhibition space in a sort of installation.
Since 1993 he has been engaged in an in-depth study of Homeric Ulysses, producing a series of works in a sort of symbiosis between painting and literature. During this period, the artist committed himself to executing large works and pictorial cycles for public and private collections. The works of this decade were exhibited in 2002 in a personal exhibition at the Rolnick House in Miami. In 2003 his painting, although still linked to the theme of the ancient Mediterranean myth, fragmented into irregular geometries, enriched with plastic elements that continued the story beyond the surface of the painting itself.